Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Style development continues

Went from Illustrator to Photoshop. Took some of my old illustrations and applied my printmaking inspired style to it. Really liking it. Taking a bit to adjust to Photoshop use, seems like more work but I think I am getting the hang of it. Using layers to separate the colours. Just like screening; one colour, one screen/layer. I am documenting every step like it was a formula of how I arrive at this style for future references. I think this step will really help to keep the consistency of the same look. I am putting in a couple of hours and rotate amongst working on a few illustrations at a time. Take a break from one and work on another. Got to make sure I have good posture while sitting in front of the computer for so long. My upper back and neck usually gets affected greatly. I have put up my playmobile fairy which was a gift ( Thanks Carolyn!) as my inspiration guide and a Ganesha statue, also a gift ( Thanks Tara!) as my removal of obstacles guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment