Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Creative, Inc.

I borrowed a book from the library called " Creative, Inc " and it has sparked me to rethink my online presence. I have more than a handful of sites, including artists community type portfolios like myartplot.com, a few blogs and tumblrs. I think it's time to merge or streamline them, especially for my home site www.astridfox.com. Other than my home site, the rest of my sites are linked together well, just that my home site seems to be a bit disconnected and holds more of my older work.

 I started looking around online at artist portfolio sites and am excited to report that there are some nice stuff out there. I found a skin that will make my redesigning a lot easier. It's called simpleviewer.net,  it has a free verison that has a limit to 50 images per gallery and some other limittions and more extensive pro version for a paid fee. My existing home site uses a similar way of displaying my work but it was labour intensively coded. Another artist community I found is called carbonmade.com. They offers a smaller free trial that can display 5 projects and 35 images. I like their nice clean designs and of course they have a more extensive paid version. I am happy to be able to sign up with astridfox.carbonmade.com.

I would like to think that I am the only Astrid Fox in the world but sadly I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment