Thursday, August 5, 2010

roses


It's been awhile. Back at it again. I have been painting my roses outline and seem to have found what background to support them with. I have been playing with washes and glazes, and learning how they react on canvas and wood panels.

This is my current working area, I have stolen my son's ikea table and had been working on it. I have also been working out in the yard since the weather has gotten warm.

These are the roses I have been working on. The obsession came when I saw a rose bush on the Sunshine Coast, BC in 2005. Since then, I had been doodling them obsessively. I didn't know where it would take me, but knew that I just had to draw them. It became therapeutic at times. It wasn't until this year that I finally freed myself from some artistic block and took the pencil outlines to the different level.



No comments:

Post a Comment